Saturday 29 August 2015

Doing more of the things you love - chloescorner

I've always loved to draw. I don't think there was a time when I was a little girl that I didn't have a pencil glued to my hand, my tongue hanging out in sheer concentration as my little imagination ran wild on the piece of paper in front of me. Princesses, Mermaids and all of those good ol' things.. The natural girly doodles you can expect from most 5/6 year olds. 




(I'm a complete and utter disney fanatic and will doodle all of my favourite characters till my wrist is at breaking point and the pencil is stuck in between my steely grip - these are a few I have drawn over the last year or so)

As you get older I think you naturally loose interest in things. I can relate to that with many things such as swimming - I had lessons from the age of 3 up till 10/11 and received every badge and certificate up until my honours. Reading - I would always have my head in a book as a child and still would do now but I let other things prioritise my life such as working, spending time with friends and family and then doing what I do best and having lazy, bed ridden days to recuperate (in which I should probably grab a book but I've become far too lazy and resort to watching a tonne of YouTube videos - oops!).
Art and drawing is something I don't think I've necessarily lost interest in, I surely don't have much time for it but I think studying it at a-level and having such restriction in what you could and couldn't do honestly took all the passion I had for it away from me. So I've decided to rekindle my love for art and set myself a challenge... 

I have to doodle at least one thing a day (maybe every few days when life gets a little hectic). This in itself is difficult for me as I'm a complete and utter perfectionist and will pick my work to the absolute post but like I always say nothing is perfect and will never get anywhere near perfection without a little time and practice. I can then share what I've drawn with you lovely people and also to just prove a point to myself that anything is achievable when you put your mind to it. Is there any hobby that you have a huge passion for but never spend the time to indulge yourself in doing? Take my advice and make all the time possible for it, there's not enough passion in today's age. And hey who knows your passion may spark into something even more - there are tonnes of businesses that started out with a passion. 

Do feel free to share your thoughts and opinions in the comments as always!

All my love, 
Chloe xo

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I love these! I'm a big Disney fan. I used to draw loads as a kid but have lost any ability as an adult.

    Amy - http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk

    ReplyDelete