18 things I've learnt in 18 years:
1) Not everyone is going to like you - as hard as it is to accept that, you just can't possibly be everyone's cup of tea but that's completely okay. This quote is pretty apt.
2) You can't possibly please everyone. In doing something to please one person you will more than likely annoy someone else or completely disregard your own feelings.
3) Following that last point; your happiness matters! its a simple as that.
4) You can put your absolute everything into something because you have that much faith in it yet this still may not be enough in someone else's eyes - realise that this isn't your fault, some things just aren't meant to be.
5) There is no such thing as mistakes, just lessons.
6) My Mum is honestly my bestfriend - and I shouldn't take that for granted.
7) Don't just expect people to understand if you're not willing to explain. And more so don't get annoyed at them for not understanding because chances are that'll push them away.
8) Being shy gets you nowhere in life. Stop being so bloody scared of everything and everyone.
9) Perfection is a myth so stop pursuing it.
10) How do you expect to get something if you're not trying to get it in the first place?
11) Karma truly is a bitch. What goes around, comes around so treat others how you wish to be treated. Always.
12) Surrounding yourself with negative people will inevitably increase your negative mindset - don't be afraid to cut negative people out've your life.
13) Sometimes you need to be a little selfish and put yourself first.
14) Comparisons are pointless because you'll never be a carbon copy of someone else. Instead work on bettering yourself as an individual.
15) Reading, exercise, long hot showers and spending time with friends and family are the ultimate stress relievers so don't ever forget to make time for these things.
16) People only show what they want to show on social media. Don't go thinking and idolising certain people's online lives, making your own seem insignificant. There's good and bad in every aspect of life.
17) Never stop doing what you love.
18) Make the most of everything - life is too short to live with regrets so take every opportunity that gets thrown at you.
What things have you learnt? feel free to add to mine or share your own thoughts in the comments!
All my love,
*Sources taken from Pinterest.