Saturday 16 November 2013

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and Cleaning Your Make-Up Brushes.

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.

I recently purchased the Real Techniques version of the raved about Beauty Blender. The bright colour instantly attracted my attention and the unique shape makes it easy to apply foundation to every part of your face evenly.

It claims to give you 'the pixel perfect flawless base' although the foundation you use will obviously receive a different result compared to any other foundation for example: A foundation with a high coverage will make more of a flawless base than that of say a BB cream or tinted moisturiser. This tool does do an amazing job of blending in the product quickly and effectively which gets top marks from me!

When cleaning the sponge I did notice that it was quite difficult to mould the sponge back into its original shape although once dry it did seem to look perfectly normal. Overall I love this product. It was everything I expected and such a good tool for a great price.

As well as the review I thought I would include the routine I learned from beauty guru Michelle Phan (http://www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan) to clean my brushes.


STEP 1- Pour a mixture half of washing up liquid and half of extra virgin olive oil. The washing up liquid will clean the brush whilst the olive oil helps to keep the hairs in good condition.

STEP 2- Take your brush or sponge and mix it into the 2 liquids. You should start to see some of the product coming out of your brush already.

STEP 3- Rinse the brush/sponge under lukewarm water until the water runs clean. Wipe your make-up brush/sponge onto some kitchen roll and then leave them to dry on a towel or some clean kitchen roll.


And voilà! clean brushes. You should clean your face brushes or sponge after every use to reduce the chance of spots/blemishes forming.

I hope this post helped and maybe even enticed you into purchasing the Miracle Complexion Sponge. I recommend all of Sam's (Pixiwoo on YouTube and owner of Real Techniques) collection- good quality brushes and affordable prices! why not?

Leave any suggestions for future blog posts in the comments!
Chloe x 


No comments:

Post a Comment